I know its been awhile, and I’m sorry, but I’m back babies ! Without further ado, enjoy my express post on emergency chocolate cake 🙂
Sometimes, you just really need some chocolate cake, not in 2 hours while you prepare the batter, bake it, wait for it to cool, and frost it before you can eat it, but one of those, ineeditrightthissecondorI’lldie kind of dealy. This is perfect. It takes two minutes (literally), you only dirty a mug, a tablespoon measure, and a fork, and SHAZAM, chocolate cake.
Here we go !
1. Grab a mug of your choice
2. Melt 2 tbsp of butter in said mug, then add 2 tbsp of water, 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt and whisk with a fork (or a small whisk if you want to be fancy about it)
3. Add 2 tbsp cocoa powder and whisk again.
4. It will probably look like this
5. Add 4 tbsp of sugar, whisk.
6. Add 4 tbsp of flour, whisk until combined, I also like to add a few semi-sweet chocolate chips for a little extra chocolate-y goodness, but you can leave those out if you want.
7. Now it will look more like cake batter…like this ! Microwave for 60-90 seconds (I microwave mine for 70 and it comes out perfect)
8. Enjoy with some peanut butter or ice cream (or both, if you’re like me ;))
Chocolate cake whenever I want? One word. Dangerous.
Have a great week !